The Bungalow Terms and Conditions
Updated: 20th December 2019
Thank you for your interest in booking your special event with us at The Bungalow Coastal Retreat. Here are our general terms and conditions as our booking policy for your perusal.
The Bungalow Coastal Retreat is an exclusive venue located in a unique and tranquil coastal setting.
Our family would be delighted to welcome you to our property and trust that your visit will be enjoyable and provide you with lifetime memories of your significant celebration.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions can change without notice. All updates to the terms and conditions can be found on this page.
Bookings and Payment Policy:
- On receipt of the signed quote acceptance, a non-refundable deposit invoice will be issued. The deposit invoice will be a base price of $500.
- A booking is only confirmed once payment of the deposit invoice has been received.
Payment of the deposit is due within 7 working days of the invoice being issued, or immediately if booked within 7 working days of the event.
- If payment of the deposit invoice is not received within the specified time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
Full payment of all expected costs is required at least 7 working days prior to the event. Any additional costs and/or adjustments will be invoiced immediately after the event.
- Payment can be made by direct credit to The Bungalow bank account.
- The source of all evening music is to remain in the venue room. Music is to finish by 12am
- A bond of $ 600.00 is to be paid 7 working days before the function.
Fees are payable by cash or online banking to The Bungalow account.
- As an exclusive and private wedding destination, it is expected that the premises will be left in a clean & tidy state. Refund of the bond shall only be made if all obligations in this contract remain fulfilled, no extra cleaning is required and no damage to The Bungalow Venue or its contents is sustained on inspection after the event. Otherwise, any applicable costs for replacement and/or repair will be deducted from the bond.
Damage and Loss:
- The Hirer will be held solely responsible in respect of any claims arising, or loss, accident, injury or damage to persons sustained in connection with this event.
- Any loss or damage to this property, furniture, fittings, appliances and apparatus in The Bungalow premises will be charged to The Hirer.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any damage to or loss of any property brought to or stored on the premises by The Hirer or persons involved in the event.
- Nothing is to be driven into or attached in any way to ceilings, walls, floors, furniture or furnishings without prior permission. No writing, painting or disfigurement is to be applied to walls, ceilings or floors.
- No vehicles on ceremony & lawn areas in front of accommodation & venue room.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the venue room, terrace units or house.
- Please ensure that all rubbish is placed in bins provided or removed from the property. A rubbish collection and removal fee will be charged to the bond if above requirements are not met.
Tables & Chairs/ Marques/Tents/ Camping:
- Only The Bungalow tables and chairs are to be used at this Venue.
- Marques and tents are not permitted on the premises.
- No camping or motorhomes allowed.
- Open fires are not permitted on The Bungalow Property. This includes:
- Braziers, Fireworks and Hāngi.
- NO HAY BALES for props to be brought into the premises. Permission must be granted prior to any event props entering the premises. (e.g. mobile catering)
Health And Safety:
Please ensure that everyone involved with the event is aware of the following health and safety considerations:
- Fire / Emergency exit doors must be kept clear from obstruction at all times.
- The Hirer is responsible for the provision of a cell phone for emergency purposes.
THe Hirer is responsible for maintaining good order and behaviour of guests in parts of the premises, grounds, lawns and neighbours. So that it will not cause, suffer or permit disorderly conduct or nuisance to arise.
Security and access:
On booking, you are acknowledging and accepting of these terms and conditions. The owners reserve the right query the booking after confirmation should there be reason suspect that these terms and conditions will not be met.
A printed copy will be supplied for your signed agreement.