The Bungalow Terms and Conditions
Updated: 7th August 2019
Thank you for your interest in booking your special event with us at The Bungalow Coastal Retreat. Here are our general terms and conditions as our booking policy for your perusal.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions can change without notice. All updates to the terms and conditions can be found on this page.
Bookings and Payment Policy:
- On receipt of the signed quote acceptance, a non-refundable deposit invoice will be issued. The deposit invoice will be a base price of $500.
- A booking is only confirmed once payment of the deposit invoice has been received.
Payment of the deposit is due within 7 working days of the invoice being issued, or immediately if booked within 7 working days of the event.
- If payment of the deposit invoice is not received within the specified time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
Full payment of all expected costs is required at least 7 working days prior to the event. Any additional costs and/or adjustments will be invoiced immediately after the event.
- Payment can be made by direct credit to The Bungalow bank account.
- A bond of $ 600.00 is to be paid 7 working days before the function.
Fees are payable by cash or online banking to The Bungalow account.
- As an exclusive and private wedding destination, it is expected that the premises will be left in a clean & tidy state. Refund of the bond shall only be made if all obligations in this contract remain fulfilled, no extra cleaning is required and no damage to The Bungalow Venue or its contents is sustained on inspection after the event. Otherwise, any applicable costs for replacement and/or repair will be deducted from the bond.
Damage and Loss:
- The Hirer will be held solely responsible in respect of any claims arising, or loss, accident, injury or damage to persons sustained in connection with this event.
- Any loss or damage to this property, furniture, fittings, appliances and apparatus in The Bungalow premises will be charged to The Hirer.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any damage to or loss of any property brought to or stored on the premises by The Hirer or persons involved in the event.
- Nothing is to be driven into or attached in any way to ceilings, walls, floors, furniture or furnishings without prior permission. No writing, painting or disfigurement is to be applied to walls, ceilings or floors.
- Please ensure that all rubbish is placed in bins provided or removed from the property. A rubbish collection and removal fee will be charged to the bond if above requirements are not met.
Tables & Chairs/ Marques/Tents/ Camping:
- Only The Bungalow tables and chairs are to be used at this Venue.
- Marques and tents are not permitted on the premises.
- No camping or motorhomes allowed.
- Open fires are not permitted on The Bungalow Property. This includes:
- Braziers, Fireworks and Hāngi.
- NO HAY BALES for props to be brought into the premises. Permission must be granted prior to any event props entering the premises. (e.g. mobile catering)
Health And Safety:
Please ensure that everyone involved with the event is aware of the following health and safety considerations:
- Fire / Emergency exit doors must be kept clear from obstruction at all times.
- The Hirer is responsible for the provision of a cell phone for emergency purposes.
- The Hirer is responsible for maintaining good order and behaviour of guests in all parts of the premises, grounds and lawns. So that it will not cause, suffer or permit disorderly conduct or nuisance to arise.
Security and access:
- Necessary keys will be provided. These must be returned the day you vacate the premises.
Domestic animals on the property:
- STRICTLY NO ANIMALS ALLOWED.
As an exclusive and private wedding destination, accommodation of 9 en-suite rooms are available (Subject to availability).
On booking, you are acknowledging and accepting of these terms and conditions. A printed copy will be supplied for your signed agreement. t